• Individual Approval to enter Coastal Bend College  


    If you don't have a high school diploma or GED certificate, you may still enter Coastal Bend College by going through the Individual Approval process.     


    Step 1.  Take the TSI Assessment Exam.

    Step 2.  Contact the Vice-President of Instruction -  to fill out an Individual Approval Form.
      If you have question, please call the assistant at (361) 354-2268.

    Step 3.  The Vice-President will then contact you after reviewing your form and let you know if you have been granted Individual Approval to attend Coastal Bend College.  

    Please note that the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2012 (Public Law 112-74) was signed into law which eliminates the Ability to Benefit (ATB) Program.  This change became effective on July 1, 2012 and means that students will need a high school diploma or equivalent (e.g. GED), or will need to meet specific home school requirements in order to qualify for Title IV student aid.

    Page created on 10/23/12
    Page revised 10/28/19